Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yesterday was a long, long, veeeery long day! It was very exhausting, so at the end of the day I was zonked! I am very happy to say that the PET scan came back as clear. I have two print outs(of the PET scans) one of before(in May) and one from yesterday which is truly wowing to see side by side.
There was a spot which was around my spine that he know thinks could have been part of the cancer because it is gone. I know some people are wondering "Does this mean no more chemo"? Unfortunately not, I am sad to say! Still have to continue on !
To be honest, yesterday was like a bitter sweet to me, I know that sounds crazy. After we talked about the test results, we talked about radiation afterward. He explained that it is something he is gonna want me to see a radiologist about. He told me that he has some patients that are young that are having relapses of lymphoma, and when it comes back it comes back with a vengeance. He said what he is seeing is very sad (with those patients), but with radiation it brings your percentage of not coming back higher. He(Dr.Fowler) said that he is probl. gonna bring my case up for review @ a board meeting with lymphoma Dr.'s and radiologist.
The other side is radiation has it's own side effects such as heart attacks, breast cancer, etc. in years to come. So I wasn't running out of the building screaming unfortunately!
More on information shock or another reality of how serious this is, and again how it is totally out of our control. I am soooo very thankful that I am clear, and the Dr. is very happy with how fast this has cleared up. Just very emotional going through it, the thought of me already having the cervical cancer a few years ago, now this , and the possibilities of something in the future doesn't sound appealing. That is me being a human and my raw feelings. I know none of us know what can happen tomorrow nor 10 - 20 years from now, but when you have to hear it or think about it, it's kind of shocking.Again I have to give all of me, to my Papa! Of course I prefer side effects rather then a beast coming back, that is a no brainer, just very emotional. Ya know! I'll be 35 this month and wish for a couple of days I could make it all go away, go to "never never land" lol that would be sweeeet! If anyone has transportation there, would you please consider taking me! Haha
I thank all of yall for all the prayers and for walking with me in this, but the journey is not finished yet. So please continue to be in prayer with me, not just for me but my family as well. Love all of you bunches, and pray that all have a blessed week.
Round 5 is today!
May our Father get all the praise in this....... Our great physician and healer .

No comments:

Post a Comment