Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update from Kristi - September 20th

Hello everyone, I hope all have been doing well and have had a great weekend.

This upcoming week will be round 9. The schedule this week is Tuesday I have some more testing to do, then on Wednesday I meet with the Dr. for results and then chemo.
I know some have been asking "How much longer?" and "What is the rest of the plan?"
As far as I know right now, I will have three more treatments after this one. Last chemo treatment is scheduled for the first week in November. After that I will get a 3 wk break, which will bring us to Thanksgiving I think, then I will have to stay in Houston for 3 & 1/2 weeks to do radiation treatments daily. I am planning on coming home on the weekends though, and will admit that I am gonna miss my family tremendously. I know God has a plan in this , and I am so blessed that my cousin Tricia and her family have opened up there home to me through out this entire time. I know so many people have to stay in hotels and such, so it really has been a HUGE blessing. I am hoping that this will be all said and done by Christmas, and that the New Year will start off with a clean bill of health.

The cards that are sent to me are so uplifting and encouraging, I have them all hung up in my living room as a constant reminder of the love, prayers, and support system that my family and I have.The messages that are sent through facebook and email are so moving I can not express the gratitude that I feel , words just do not seem to be enough or do justice. I smile, tear up, fall to my knees and pray that as I have been so richly blessed through my family and friendships that you would be blessed in return. This might sound kinda corny, but, i knew I was import and mattered to some people, but never realized the impact that you could have on people (past and present) in such a big way. A "thank you" goes out to yall who have shared those "moments" with me. It has opened my eyes to a new level of how every minute and moment counts, you touch peoples lives when you don't even realize you are. God has done soooo much for my family in this season that we have been in, HIS hand has/is,and will continue to be seen. I will continue to give Him praise through this, for He is sooooo worthy of it, I am humbled by His love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment